Malta, a small archipelago located in the Mediterranean Sea, is a popular tourist destination known for its stunning coastline and crystal-clear waters. With its warm and sunny climate, summer is the perfect time to take a dip in the sea and explore the best swimming spots that Malta has to offer. In this blog, we will be discussing the top places to swim in Malta during the summer months.
- Blue Lagoon Located on the small island of Comino, the Blue Lagoon is one of the most popular swimming spots in Malta. The crystal-clear waters and white sandy beach make it a picture-perfect destination. Although it can get crowded during peak season, the Blue Lagoon is definitely worth a visit.
- St. Peter’s Pool St. Peter’s Pool is a natural swimming pool located in the south of Malta, near Marsaxlokk. It is a popular spot for both locals and tourists alike, with its crystal-clear waters and stunning surroundings. The pool is surrounded by rocky cliffs, making it a great spot for cliff jumping for the more adventurous.
- Ghajn Tuffieha Bay Ghajn Tuffieha Bay is a secluded beach located in the northwest of Malta. Its golden sand and crystal-clear waters make it one of the most picturesque beaches in Malta. The beach is surrounded by cliffs, making it an ideal spot for those who enjoy hiking and exploring.
- Mellieha Bay Mellieha Bay is the largest sandy beach in Malta, located in the north of the island. Its shallow waters make it a great spot for families with children, while the various water sports on offer make it a popular destination for thrill-seekers.
- Golden Bay Golden Bay is another popular sandy beach located in the northwest of Malta. Its crystal-clear waters and stunning surroundings make it a favorite among tourists. The beach is also equipped with a range of facilities, including sunbeds and umbrellas.
- Sliema Seafront For those who prefer a more urban setting, Sliema Seafront is a popular destination for swimming in Malta. The rocky beach is lined with cafes and restaurants, making it an ideal spot for a day out. It is also a great spot for snorkeling, with various species of fish visible in the crystal-clear waters.
In conclusion, Malta has a variety of stunning swimming spots that cater to all tastes. From secluded beaches to natural swimming pools and bustling urban settings, there is something for everyone. Whether you prefer a quiet day soaking up the sun or an adventurous day exploring the sea, Malta has got you covered. So pack your swimwear, sunscreen, and get ready for a summer full of swimming in the beautiful waters of Malta!